Comparing FF Zoom Lenses Between 24-75mm For Potential Purchase (for walk around and family)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,063
Comparing FF Zoom Lenses Between 24-75mm For Potential Purchase (for walk around and family)

Five years ago I migrated from FF A-Mount to E-Mount APS-C in order to reduce weight and size (sold my A99 and several heavy ZA lenses). Recently I purchased an A7C (love it) and now am investigating a potential zoom lens purchase but want to keep weight and cost to a lower level (don't want a lens of nearly 2 lbs or cost of $2K). The Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 looks to be a possible candidate. The new Sigma may also be a possibility but I really don't like the zoom range numbering to be reversed. I don't like what I have read in several reviews about the Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA. Of course the optimum IQ and Build Quality is the high priced and heavy GM (I think mainly for professionals and passionate / aspiring enthusiasts). The GM lens may be a great value for what it is but out of my league.

Any thoughts or discussion appreciated.

My Criteria For Comparison (do not want to add a heavy lens to my system):

• Zoom Range
  • Weight (this is critical for me)
  • IQ (as reviewed / reported)
  • Aperture (want f/2.8)
  • 100% System Compatible
  • Build Quality
  • Price

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +16 more
Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow