RE starting out - time to jump ship?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HappyCampers Junior Member • Posts: 40
RE starting out - time to jump ship?

Not strictly a beginner question, but sits here better than elsewhere I think.

I am pondering shifting system and would welcome some views.

Currently I have a lot of Pentax SLR/DSLR kit gathered over many years. Only 1 DSLR body currently but quite a bit of glass: a fair few manual focus, prime lenses, some modern digital zoom/prime lenses. It is used mainly for landscape / bugs / macro, portrait and "arty". My main interest is around bokeh with "normal lens lengths (35mm macro, 58mm Voigtlander and 20-40mm zoom are my main lenses) I dont feel the need for extreme wide / long focal lengths. Do love being able  to use old glass on digital.

My eyes are aging and one big issue for me is the Pentax AF, it messes up quite a lot and I dont know until I get the image on PC. But with shallow field of focus images that might be a typical APS-C thing (I know Pentax bodies allow you to adjust focus by lense to "correct" this).

I cant decide whether to go full frame (and get back the magical bokeh capabiity I remember from film days)  or give up on Pentax and jump to something like Fujifilm mirrorless. Or even jump to Nikon/other to get top drawer AF

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow