Macro on Fuji 50r

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
DHAPhotography
DHAPhotography Contributing Member • Posts: 841
Re: Macro for Pentax

Wildbegonia wrote:

Salve!

I have a Pentax K200D to which I would like to add a Macro lens (1:1). It is long I want to get into macro so I thought to start with this camera and move forward from there. My only limitation is that I can not use a lens which will compromise the AF of the camera or the lens. I am involuntarily dependent on AF due to vision degeneration.

Any suggestions? Thank you all in advance.

I think you will be fine with the K200D and the DFA 100mm Macro, with these caveats. This is an older Pentax body and I once owned a similarly aged camera in the K20D. I found this camera to hunt in AF in low light. It was fine in good light and AF worked well, but low light would be a problem and often. That being said, I think you would have no problem with the superior AF of a newer model KP and in low light as well. I often use Pentax and Sigma macros (1:1) on my K3 and even these combinations can have difficulty focusing in low light. Also, due to my wanting to often focus close up at maximum magnification I have found that I leave my camera on MF most of the time when in less than good light.  Best to you. Don

-- hide signature --

DH Allison...Carpe Diem...the Reaper comes soon enough.

DHAPhotography's gear list:DHAPhotography's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T20 Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow