Calibration/Printing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pommegirl Junior Member • Posts: 26
Calibration/Printing

Hello...

I have a question regarding screen calibration and printing photos.

I am shooting RAW with a Fuji XT3 and editing in Lightroom (not Classic) and then doing a final crop and soft proof in PhotoShop using the specific print profile for any print company I am using. Any photos I have sent off for printing come back very different in print to what I'm seeing on my screen. My screen (photos on the screen) seem much more magenta than my photos in print which seem much more yellow/green and look a little flat and dark.

Everyone I have asked regarding this said I needed to calibrate my computer which I have now done. I have a MacBook Pro (early 2015) and have calibrated it using the X-Rite i1 Display Pro with DisplayCal Software using the following settings... White Point to 6500K (D65), White level to 120 cd/m2 and Gamma to 2.2 ... one of the print companies recommended these settings to me for editing photographs.

However, even with a calibrated screen, I am still having the same issue. Any thoughts would be so appreciated. I am thoroughly confused and frustrated... when I soft proof using the specific print profile of a print company in Photoshop it all looks good but the prints never comes back the same.

With thanks for your time and consideration.

-Pommegirl

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow