Help a novice: sharp or unsharp images? Should I return my X-T30?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
WryCuda Forum Pro • Posts: 10,733
Lens testing

giovirovi wrote:

Thank you all for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate your kindness.

Tomorrow I will post some jpegs straight from the camera. I would like to ask you, is it better to use a certain focus? Single or continuous?

Single/Continuous refers to autofocus mode. Continuous is most often used, with Single for tripod mounting. e.g. Some cameras default to Single when the timer option is used.

Note that there’s quite a lot to discover about autofocus modes.

I will post both landscape images and maybe also some with subjects. I will keep a decent shutter speed and low iso.

I think that you are better off to test your lenses on a proper resolution target. You will go crazy trying to see significant detail in landscape shots, particularly if you are a beginner. It is a simple matter to shoot at a range of focal lengths and apertures and derive some resolution figures, both in the center and at the edges. I use the following resolution array, based on the ISO12233 chart...

Here’s a reasonably sharp example.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony a7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow