E-M1 II vs. E-M1 III + M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 1,617
E-M1 II vs. E-M1 III + M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro lens

Greetings All, I am considering purchasing either the E-M1 II or E-M1 III with the M.Zuiko 60mm macro lens and am wondering, for those who have had/still have both, do the advanced features of the E-M1 III make it worth $600 more than the E-M1 II? I have had and used the original E-M1 with the 60mm lens and had great luck with that combo for macros and even moderate telephoto photos. For the moment I am considering this primarily for macro photography though I could always add another lens or three. Other than macro photography I am a basic stills shooter - gardens, river scenes, walk-around photography.

I am a new owner of a Nikon Z7 II and there is no native Z macro lens yet and I'm certain that when a Z 105mm lens finally arrives it will be be big and heavy and I am older (70s) and tired of lugging "heavy" around whereas the M.Zuiko 60mm macro weighs a mere 6 1/2 ounces!

Thanks for your thoughts in comparing these two cameras for macro with the M.Zuiko 60mm lens.

Ken

P.S. Yes, I know there is a macro forum that I could have posted this to but it is not exclusive to micro 4/3 and I thought this group would be better for comparing the cameras

KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon Z7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +9 more
Nikon Z7 II Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow