Fuji x-s10 or em5 iii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pablomontana New Member • Posts: 11
Fuji x-s10 or em5 iii

Hi my Olympus epl7 has developed a problem with is rear lcd cuting out when I change its angel and rather than getting it repaired I’m thinking of upgrading to something with better controls and a bump in image quality.

My main lens is the 2.8 12-40 pro. A little unwieldy but as it’s price used + the epl7 at clearance came to just £750 it was the best iq to price ratio at the time for me to try out a mirrorless system. I’ve also the cheap 40-150 for occasional wildlife shooting but mainly do travel/landscape and family pictures often in low light/indoors.

My ideal camera would be the em1 iii but I can’t justify the price for a family/hobby camera.

The em5 iii seems the obvious choice as I own the kit already  but I’m a little worried about Olympus’s future now and have had the auto focus repaired once on the 12-40 already so I’m concerned about any future repairs.

Dose anyone here own the Fuji x-s10 with 18-55 lens and an em5 iii who could give me a good comparison? To get the x-s10 at £300 more I would sell off my remaining Olympus kit but would really miss the 12-40 and I know the ibis in the em5 iii should be better. Dose the Fuji increased size sensor and megapixels improve the iq much? I can’t find a real comparison between these two models, who are in the same market segment, anywhere.

Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow