Upgrading to another camera

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brisn5757 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,394
Upgrading to another camera

I currently own a Canon EOS 70D with 18-135mm lens, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 with 10x zoom lens and Sony Cyber shot DSC-RX100 IV. The last two cameras I brought for traveling overseas.

I'd like to upgrade my equipment but are not certain which direction to go. I could get better lens for my Canon or Panasonic camera or I could upgrade my camera to another camera.

I like the Panasonic camera as its a mirrorless camera and light but their are better cameras on the market. I like to take photos in 3:2 ratio which goes against the ratio of the 4/3 camera sensor of this camera, also the sensor is limited to 16MP and I like to crop photos.

The Canon D70 is a heavy bulky camera and lacks some technical advances on recent cameras.

The Sony Cybershot camera has good quality lens but has a limited zoom and adjusting the camera is a problem as with a smaller body their are less controls. It also has fixed lens and the view finder is not good.

One thing I would like is a greater field of view on the view finder as with some cameras you see a small picture at the end of a tunnel on the view finder.

The only type of camera I don't have is a full frame camera and often photos in photography magazines are taken by these types of camerand that have good quality lens.

Basically I'm trying to improve on what I have after being a hobby photographer since the 1970's

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow