Should I get an R5 or R6

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Steenwyk New Member • Posts: 13
Should I get an R5 or R6

I have read so much on this my eyes might fall out. I was wondering if anybody could lend any thoughts on if I should buy an R5 or an R6.

A bit of history. 10+ years ago I bought a Canon 50D and loved it. Over the years, though, I outgrew it a bit though I never upgraded. At my current stage in life we are looking at more travel and have a bit more money than I used to so it is finally time to upgrade. I sold most of my old canon equipment and decided on either the Canon R5 or R6.

I like to do indoor candid shots of my family, parties, etc. Outdoor and indoor shots of my kids playing sports, and then paid portrait and indoor/outdoor event work. I shoot some nature/landscapes when I am travelling but not much home (I am not a bird photographer)

I already ordered the RF 28-70 F/2L.

So here is my conundrum. I tend to do a bit of cropping on my photos to get the exact framing I want which makes me lead to the R5 for the higher pixel count. However, I am deeply concerned about image sharpness and low ISO performance for indoor shooting.

Should I save the 1400 and just go with an R6? Or is my gut right that I would be happier with the R5?

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow