Olympus Pen E-PL10 Overlay Multiple Exposure Mode

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
undertheeye New Member • Posts: 6
Olympus Pen E-PL10 Overlay Multiple Exposure Mode

Hi all,

I went to play with an Olympus Pen E-PL10 this morning at a local camera shop. I had a question regarding the multiple exposure mode on this camera. According to the manual, and in practice, I was able to combine two images I previously shot on the camera into a multiple exposure AND I was also able to take two or three consecutive images using multiple exposure mode (via the AP dial) with overlay working fine.

However, I couldn't figure out a way to choose a RAW image shot earlier on the card as a starting point to overlay onto the live view mode to shoot a new image. Does this make sense?

I then came home to find this article linked below, and it seems like pressing the menu button would allow me to use an older image to overlay onto something I could shoot live now.

http://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/learn-center/photography-tips/technique/incorporating-multiple-exposure-into-portraiture

Can someone confirm this? Maybe even with a PL9 or older model? I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to do this, given everything you can do already with this camera.

Thank you all.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow