Wifi keep dropping

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 5,403
Wifi keep dropping

I have the modem and router set up in a room upstairs. My area of activity is in my family room downstairs, not far away.
I have a wifi extender (the type you plug into an AC outlet) in my living room. The unit is probably 4 to 6 year old.

Recently, my laptop (normally connected to the extender downstairs) keep dropping the Wifi. I had to go into the network/internet setting to disconnect and connect it again. Deleting the network adapter from device manager and rebooting would help for a while (updating the driver said it is the latest).

I also have an iPhone connected to the same extender. The iPhone would have the wifi icon in full strength, but it would not refresh the web related material. Again, I have to turn off and on the Wifi to have the page refreshed.

Are these incidences pointing to an aging extender? Or can you suggest any cure?

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow