Canon Pro 10 cost of ink cleaning cycles -results of testing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Philip Eihuyar
Philip Eihuyar Regular Member • Posts: 483
Canon Pro 10 cost of ink cleaning cycles -results of testing

How expensive is it to users of the Pro 10 in cleaning cycles -if you minimize those cycles by switching out all carts at once (rather than one at a time) and do a printout before the 60 hour clock cycle forces a more extensive cleaning?

Sorry for the long sentence- So, to find out, I printed almost nothing (four 8X10 prints) from the time I put in a freshly filled set of carts till 4.25 months later when I switched out all carts and refilled them (with OEM ink).

I weighed each cart before and after filling. Total ink used for just cleaning cycles in that 4 and a quarter month period of time was 88 ml. Over this period, the cost for ink just for cleaning cycles (every 58 hour- Q-Image scheduled) is $21.50 per month.

Time spent on one switching and refilling was one and a half hours.

It would be interesting to compare ink/cost use for users who just print without trying to minimize cleaning/purge cycles by these practices as decribed above. Also, in the new Canon models in which refilling and resetting carts are not an option, how much ink is used by changing out one cart at a time.

Sort of an obscure topic but of interest to re-fillers.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow