Alternate Software for SFD files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dellaaa
dellaaa Senior Member • Posts: 1,077
Alternate Software for SFD files

As a former film shooter, I was on a constant quest for more detail and less grain. IDK why but, maybe it's the f64 mantra of image quality, but that idea has continued with me into digital.

I didn't do enough research and I bought the SDQ in the hopes that the SFD mode was like pixel shift of other camera makers.  I was wrong.

In my experience, SFD was a marketing ploy that unfortunately I fell for.  SFD is nothing more than 7 bracketed images combined in one file that are then poorly merged by the mediocre SPP.

My results with SFD have been inconsistent.  Occasionally I get good results but more often the results are worse than one of the 7 bracketed files.

Researching SFD, some users have traced the problem with the composite image to be  lack of image alignment in SPP..The user noted that the shutter on the SDQ causes enough camera movement to misalign the 7 images.

My question is has anyone exported the 7 files in the SFD file and then use software that is better at image alignment to merge them.

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Sigma DP1 Merrill Nikon D800 Sigma SD1 Merrill Fujifilm X-Pro2 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow