Olympus or Fuji system? JPEG and colour accuracy is priority

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rostia65 Junior Member • Posts: 27
Olympus or Fuji system? JPEG and colour accuracy is priority

Hello, I am considering to switch from the outdated Pentax system to Olympus system or Fuji system. I am not interested in fullframe because of the weight and dimensions of the lenses.

My priority is photography of flowers, then the landscape/wildlife photography (including taking pictures of our dogs, which means sort of sport photography - e.g. agility with dogs). I do not make lots of videos, but some of them yes (aspecially with the dogs).

I do not want to spend hours with postprocessing in computer. Therefore is jpeg quality and colour accuracy for me important. In terms of colour - so far my experience is that the red/pink/purple are difficult colours for the processors. And exactly these colours are important for me because of flowers.

Longterm I aim to have set of lenses (standard zoom, telezoom, wide angle, prime lens with standard angle), but I will start with the standard zoom now.

There are some interesting offers on the market right now to start with (with the price around 2000 USD - this would be my initial investment) :

• OM-D M1 Mark II with 12-100/f4 (ca 2050 USD)
  • OM-D M5 Mark III with 12-45/f2,8 (ca 2280 USD)
  • Fuji X-T3 with 16-80/f4 (ca 2280 USD)
  • Fuji X-S10 with 16-80/f4 (the less expansive option, ca 1820 USD)

The prices here, in Czech Republic are usually higher than in US (unfortunately).

What system? Olympus or Fuji? Any preference among the offers above? I would be grateful for your experience/ recommendations/ advice. Thank you.

Kind regards, Rostia.

PS. Actually considering also considering Panasonic Lumix G9 with 12-60 mm/f2,8-4 Leica.

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow