"Turn off the camera..."

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michel Savage
Michel Savage Contributing Member • Posts: 849
"Turn off the camera..."

"Turn off the camera and turn it on again."

That error message started appearing on my new X-S10, along with the 27 f/2.8. First time ever I have a problem with Fuji. There are other threads on this, but here it is in details.

After seeing this message on the X-S10, I installed the pancake lens on my XT-2. Same message. Conclusion: it's the lens, not the camera. I read elsewhere that if you manually push the front of the lens in, and turn the camera on, the error message disappears. Checked: true.

Finally, I installed the latest firmware on the lens, but it still jammed. I discovered that the lens jams only when the camera is turned off while the lens is set at minimum focus distance. If you turn the camera off while the lens is focused at infinity, you don't get the error message.

Can someone please explain what is wrong with the lens? Is it repairable?

Thank you.

ps. The only other camera that gave me problems was the Sony DSC RX100, which died on me. I had severe sensor dust problem with an early Canon, but overall during the years, only Fuji and Sony gave me problems. I'm very disapointed because I'm a Fuji fan...

-- hide signature --

Michel Savage

Michel Savage's gear list:Michel Savage's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow