About the free Zeiss lens rental

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MinAZ
MinAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 5,634
About the free Zeiss lens rental

I'm sure everyone knows that Zeiss is loaning out their gear for free, and I chose a Batis 85. The stated goal was to make me fall in love with the "Zeiss look." While I have no knowledge of this look, I do appreciate the loaner, and if such a look exists, they may get themselves a new customer.

HOWEVER, the promotion only applies to their Batis, Milvus, Loxia, or Touit lines. That is, the economy models. This is a little ironic - they want you to fall in love with the Zeiss look, but you get to do it on an economy model. If you really wanted to get my attention (and ahem business), would you not offer an Otis? Just sayin.

I'm grateful for the Batis don't get me wrong, and I am going to bring it to a client shoot actually. This isn't a complaint - anything free is free, and you get what you pay for right. But I do think its a misstep - if you want people to be blown away, give them the shock and awe gear, right?

So, I will report on the the results... I'm sure the Batis will be a perfectly nice lens. And we will see about that "Zeiss look"...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow