Photos from your first Minolta digital camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wtang Contributing Member • Posts: 612
Photos from your first Minolta digital camera

A recent post from Bill (EvilOne) brought back some great memories and got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great to have a thread where we can all share some photos from our first Minolta digital camera? Maybe share one photo per post and provide a little back story to either the picture or how you got started with Minolta (or both). Feel free to share multiple photos, but lets keep it to a single photo per post so hopefully we can build a nice long thread. . . like back in the old days.

I'll go first. I bought my first Minolta digital camera back in the spring of 2002, 19 years ago. My first child was born just a couple years before and I was taking lots of photos of him. I was tired of spending money developing film and ordering prints. I tried a couple of cheap 1 megapixel digital cameras and I loved the convenience and immediacy but I hated the picture quality. I decided to buy my first "real camera" so I read all the online reviews I could find (and stumbled upon DPReview for the first time!) I decided what I really wanted was the flashy new 5 megapixel Minolta DiMAGE 7, but I couldn't afford it. So I decided to settle for its little brother, the 3 megapixel DiMAGE 5, which I picked up at B&H Photo. That sharp 7x Minolta GT lens and SLR-like ergonomics sparked my love affair with Minolta digital cameras that continues to this day. I still have the Minolta 3600HS flash from my original kit that I still use with my Sony A7ii today. Plus I have a Konica Minolta A200 that I still use to take employee photos for their ID's at work.

Regards,
Warren
http://www.pbase.com/wtang

One of my early images taken with the DiMAGE 5. A bunch of sparrows shivering in the cold on a drab 2002 winter day in Central Park.

wtang's gear list:wtang's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 Kodak EasyShare Z990 Nikon D300 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EXX
EXX
EXX
EXX
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow