Metabones EF-E Adapter: Problems with v0.64 Firmware

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alan WF
Alan WF Senior Member • Posts: 2,954
Metabones EF-E Adapter: Problems with v0.64 Firmware

Hi,

I upgraded my Metabones EF-E Smart Adapter (Mk IV) to firmware v0.64 in December, and I ran into some problems.

With certain lenses, after my a6000 body sleeps and wakes, AF no longer works. Turning the body on and off does not fix the problem. However, removing and remounting the lens does fix the problem.

When I say that AF does not work, I mean that the aperture opens (if it is stopped down), but the lens does not seem to move to focus (the problems are with internal focus lenses, so I can’t see the mechanism, but I see no change of focus on the monitor), and the body never gives me a green focus confirmation.

I see this problem with these lenses:

• EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
  • EF-S 18-55 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
  • EF-S 55-250 mm f/4-5.6 IS STM

I do not see this problem with these lenses:

• EF-S 24 mm f/2.8 STM
  • EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM
  • EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 III
  • EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III

I do not see this problem with firmware v0.63, and I’ve backed off to this version.

I reported the problem to Metabones. They got back to me with a suggestion that I send my adapter to them in Hong Kong for checking and to replace the aged parts of connection. While that’s a kind offer, I don’t see how it has anything to do with my problem with firmware v0.64, given that it doesn’t occur in v0.63.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Regards,

Alan

Alan WF's gear list:Alan WF's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +13 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow