A few recent pics with the 55-200mm.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pesca Regular Member • Posts: 144
A few recent pics with the 55-200mm.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a few pics I took last weekend with the 55-200mm. The first 4 were taken at the Australia National Gardens last weekend. The last one I threw in was taken at a local beach last month.

I've had this lens for about 2 years now and for the first few months I used it sparingly, as I generally prefer to shoot fairly wide most of the time. I'm finding myself reaching for it a lot more these days and I've been really happy with the results. There were several instances at the Gardens where I struggled to get AF when zoomed in and I was puzzled as the scene wasn't overly cluttered. I ended up having to switch to MF for a handful of shots. Afterwards I checked the firmware and noticed my lens firmware was a couple of versions behind and of the newer versions apparently fixes an AF issue so I'm pretty sure that's the fix I need. All the shots shown here were with AF.

I'm thinking about possibility of buying the new 70-300mm and selling the 55-200 at some point, but so far I haven't found myself in many situations where I needed the extra reach, and so far I haven't felt the 55-200 to be lacking in any major area.

The buttlerfly's head is a bit out of focus but I'm happy with the shot overall as I haven't had much luck with butterflies.

Pesca's gear list:Pesca's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow