Holster style case

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pula58 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Holster style case

I have a Panasonic G95. I'd like to find a holster style case that would fit the camera, with a PL 12-60 lens (only the camera with this lens, no extra lenses), and I have found a few cases that fit the camera. BUT, they use a belt loop and I want to attach the case to the (vertical) straps of a backpack, so that the case rests at the bottom of the shoulder straps, where the shoulder straps meet the waist belt. So, instead of a horizontal sleeve on the case to put a belt through, I want a vertical sleeve. I've tried using a carbineer on a horizontally-sleeved case, but it hangs too low and gets into the dirt when I put the backpack pack down.

Anyone know of a holster style case with a vertically oriented sleeve on the back?

P.S. I do a lot of backpacking (carry tent, sleeping bag, stove, food, climbing equipment) and want a solution to protect the camera, and be able to access it quickly. I'm not interested in using the cameras tripod mount to mount it to shoulder straps.

When I had a smaller camera I used this: https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/dashpoint-20-lp36439-config/

See 2nd photo from the top (shows velcro that can wrap around a vertically-oriented strap). It was perfect. If I could find something like that would be great.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow