18-55 F2.-4 OIS LENS HOOD question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 4,387
18-55 F2.-4 OIS LENS HOOD question

Hi

When I had a Nikon D5300 with Sigma 17-50mm F2.8EX DC OS HSM I never used the lens hood as that lens literally didn't suffer flare or ghosts etc.  And I prefer not to have one if I don't need one.

Most multi element zooms have to be so well corrected they are usually good for this sort of thing

Rather than me go out tomorrow and do test shots (I have coursework to do) does anyone use it without the hood and does it make any difference?

Based on my Nikon kit lens experience and the Sigma, I am quite confident the lens will bear up the same as those and be pretty much the same with or without the hood but if anyone can assure me the opposite then I'll keep using it

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Before you say (or post in our context) = THINK.
Is what you're going to say - True. Helpful. Important (or Inspiring.) Necessary. Kind.
I have G.A.S, - gear avoidance syndrome.

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow