X-T3 too much for a beginner?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP feverShot New Member • Posts: 12
Re: X-T3 too much for a beginner?

Greybeard2017 wrote:

feverShot wrote:

I've been creating a decent bit of content this past year (thank you unwanted free time), and only having my phone has become quite a pain, and making me feel limited.

Specifically, my time is spent probably around 60% photography and %40 video (70% - 30% with the cold weather, but I expect that to go back to normal). The Fuji X-T3 was recommended to me from photographers I trust, and whos work I love and respect, but I'm just wondering if it's too much camera for my first big camera purchase.

I don't see my content creation taking a backseat in the near future, so buying something towards the entry level makes me weary as well because I don't want to outgrow it too fast.

After tons of research (too much sometimes) I've landed in between the Fuji X-T30 and X-T3, looking on the used sections of Adorama, ebay, b&h etc.

Totally missed out on the cheap price for the X-T3 this past summer, so I'm kicking myself for that.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Also I'm new to the forums, so thanks in advance!

You might also seriously consider the X-S10

i have the X-T3 and had the X-T30

The camera I find myself picking up when I go out is the X-S10 for the comfortable ergonomics and the IBIS

I have looked at the X-S10 a little bit! Price wise, I was figuring that I should just get the Xt3 at that point since a used x-T3 can be found on ebay for near the price of a new Xs10.

The big reason the X-T30 has been on my mind is because of the used deals I have been finding. I almost pulled the trigger on an open box one for $650. This would open up so much room for new lenses. Thanks for the insight!

feverShot's gear list:feverShot's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow