X-T3 too much for a beginner?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greybeard2017
Greybeard2017 Senior Member • Posts: 1,807
Re: X-T3 too much for a beginner?

feverShot wrote:

I've been creating a decent bit of content this past year (thank you unwanted free time), and only having my phone has become quite a pain, and making me feel limited.

Specifically, my time is spent probably around 60% photography and %40 video (70% - 30% with the cold weather, but I expect that to go back to normal). The Fuji X-T3 was recommended to me from photographers I trust, and whos work I love and respect, but I'm just wondering if it's too much camera for my first big camera purchase.

I don't see my content creation taking a backseat in the near future, so buying something towards the entry level makes me weary as well because I don't want to outgrow it too fast.

After tons of research (too much sometimes) I've landed in between the Fuji X-T30 and X-T3, looking on the used sections of Adorama, ebay, b&h etc.

Totally missed out on the cheap price for the X-T3 this past summer, so I'm kicking myself for that.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Also I'm new to the forums, so thanks in advance!

You might also seriously consider the X-S10

i have the X-T3 and had the X-T30

The camera I find myself picking up when I go out is the X-S10 for the comfortable ergonomics and the IBIS

Greybeard2017's gear list:Greybeard2017's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-S10
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow