Z7 ODD SHUTTER FAILURE

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Felipe Rodríguez
Felipe Rodríguez Veteran Member • Posts: 3,299
Z7 ODD SHUTTER FAILURE

Hello guys, I'm having a strange failure with my Z7 which is becoming rather annoying. The thing is that, every now and then (but more often lately), the shutter refuses to work. Everything seems to be OK, but, no matter how deep I press the buttom, the camera won't fire. Then, suddenly, the camera shoots. It's a random failure, and so far I'm being unable to figure out the reason. And that's what worries me: it seems like a breakdown. I've tried to change the camera mode (I usually shoot in A or M modes), with no success. I've checked that AF custom settings are set to release priority, I've checked all the troubleshooting described in the manual but the only thing that could explain this failure is overheating, but then it should be a malfunction, because it's February and I was taking just some snaps (no video, no bursts at all). So I'm really worried about this because the camera is not under warranty (it's older than 2 years) and I'm afraid that something really wrong is happening. I've also googled for this problem, but it seems that it's not usual. So I've thought of asking you guys, to see whether someone has experienced the same or has any clue to help me.
Thank you so much in advance!

-- hide signature --

http://www.felipe-rodriguez.com
Bokeh
Dadme un mundo sin contornos,
Un espacio feliz que ignore los perfiles.
Concededme, sí, la dicha redonda
De flotar sin conciencia en el fondo
Desenfocado de mis fotografías.
Give me a world with no edges,
A happy space knowing nothing about outlines.
Grant me, please, the round joy
Of unconsciously floating on the blurred
Background of my photographs.

Felipe Rodríguez's gear list:Felipe Rodríguez's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm F1.4G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +12 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow