Almost identical results with x-pro1 as with x-pro3. In-camera JPG Profiles overrated?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomasography New Member • Posts: 19
Almost identical results with x-pro1 as with x-pro3. In-camera JPG Profiles overrated?

Hi!

I have had the X-Pro 1 for 7 years. Now I have ordered the X-Pro 3 and I have somewhat mixed feelings.

It took me a long time to understand the concept of the X-Pro series. After a long excursion into analog photography, I now understand what Fuji wanted to achieve with this series. Shooting with the OVF feels very analog. I turn off the image review and only take a look at the results at home on the PC.
This now leads me from my X-Pro 1 to X-Pro 3...

Capture 1 provides all the curves for Fuji cameras. I just set the metadata of the images from camera type X-Pro 1 to X-Pro 3. After that all curves like Classic Chrome, Acros etc. are also available for the X-Pro 1 images. The pictures do not look 100% the same, but it comes very close. I think in a blind test you would not be able to distinguish the images.

When importing into Capture 1, I apply my preset right away.
That means it actually makes all the in Camera JPG profiles useless.

When I look at it that way, I don't really see any significant advantage that speaks for the X-Pro 3 over the X-Pro 1.

How do you see it? I would be interested to hear what you think about it.

Here are 2 examples. Not the best pictures, but I will try to make more tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thomas

X-Pro3

X-Pro1

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow