Performance Z7 with Z 24-200 ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gabriele Sartori Veteran Member • Posts: 4,469
Performance Z7 with Z 24-200 ?

I've never been a fan of superzooms, now though the 24-200 Z seems a good lens. The point I can't figure out is if people is mostly using it wiht the Z7 or Z6 so I wonder:

1) Does it have enough sharpness for the Z7?

2) How is the AF with the Z7, can you do birds or let say surfers and possibly track them?

I'm not looking for a high end lens that is a combination of a 24-70 and the 70-200 with identical quality, I understand the limitations but I would like a single lens for traveling and this seems perfect. At the same time I can accept a few compromises as long as it's not too much . In the past the old 28-200 or 28-300 were too much of a compromise for me on the D800E.

Thanks for you answers.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Gabriele
California, CA
Thom Hogan: "Stop arguing and do more study and shooting. Amazingly, the autofocus system you're complaining about will get better when you do."

Gabriele Sartori's gear list:Gabriele Sartori's gear list
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Leica M Typ 240 +3 more
Nikon D800E Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow