Best lenses for Fuji...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmditter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,165
Best lenses for Fuji...

I read the dpreview article on the best lenses for Fuji X system, and I couldn't help but thinking that this is what most camera systems would look like today if the camera makers had not all had to make stuff to sell to the masses. I'm not trying to be snobby at all. I don't see any other way that Canon, Nikon and the rest of the big brands could have gone a different direction. The market demanded lots and lots of cheap bodies with lots and lots of pixels, high ISO capability, video... and perhaps most of all, tons of slow plastic zoom kit lenses.

Look at the Nikon dslr lineup from the D3xxx series at the bottom to the Dx pro cameras at the top. It's worse than General Motors in the 60's with all the duplicitous brands and models they had.  Who needs so many different bodies?

I don't currently own any Fuji gear, but I hope to change that soon. Fuji seems to be speaking more to what photographers actually need, rather than selling what new buyers think they want/need.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow