Seeking advice on eBay Sale-hopefully right forum

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ralf J. Regular Member • Posts: 159
Seeking advice on eBay Sale-hopefully right forum

Hello,

Had purchased a Canon RP with its kit lens which retails brand new at 399$.

As I had no need, the kit lens was put on eBay and sold for slightly over 300$. Obviously the lens was never used still in Canon packaging.

At exactly 30 days, I get a return request from buyer, stating that lens was defective "due to control ring not working properly", what ever that means.

I checked ebay high and low and I am not seeing any form of protection from something like this other than accept the return, not to lose the item altogether. Deal with potential repairs in case this buyer has used the system unfairly which I am highly suspicious of.

I was stunned to learn, that ebay has a policy that if I refuse the return they would side with buyer and buyer would not be obligated to return the item back. On top of that I have to supply shipping label as well.

It is beyond me that some posts suggest that this is the unfortunate cost of doing business, ... perhaps for likes of Amazon or other established businesses that do millions of sales on a given day, but for an individual who sells personal items, what is the recourse?

Have I missed anything? Many thanks, for reading and suggestions in advance,

Ralf

Ralf J.'s gear list:Ralf J.'s gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-50 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow