Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,402
Re: Backyard Songbirds

TeeJay626 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

TeeJay626 wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

Great exposure and details. You might want to set up some natural looking perches near your feeder to get more natural looking images. Very nice voriety

Morris

Thanks for the tip. My yard isn't the biggest, and my dog needs her space! But I will look into some natural looking perches. I do want to replace my current setup as it really isn't that sturdy.

I've been working on different exposure techniques and now that I have a professional lens, I really want to learn how to take full advantage of it. I must say that this lens has given me a new joy of photography once I saw just how much better it is than any other I've owned. I unfortunately became a "pixel peeper" over the years and that made me want to get better glass. I rented the Canon 100-400L IS II in August for our annual Yellowstone trip, and was blown away by it's results. Even my wife, who says she never sees a difference in pictures, had to acknowledge how great the pics looked, and gave me the go-ahead to make the purchase.

Could it be that Yellowstone motivated you? It's an amazing place. For perches you can do things like tie a twig to one of the structures you showed in these images or even the feeder.

Morris

LOL, yes, Yellowstone has actually turned me into a lover of photography. We first went in 2008 and I had a horrible 5MP Olympus P&S camera. From there it turned into a Sony H-55, then a Canon SX-40 bridge camera, into a Canon T3i with kit lenses, to a Canon 60D, 77D and now my 80D.

This is my 2nd L lens, the first being a 300 f4 IS, which was a great lens, but not quite enough reach, and I do prefer a zoom. I'm heading to a National Wildlife Refuge later this week, and then back to Yellowstone in early June. This is our 13th year in a row going to Yellowstone, so I guess we're hooked.

Visit Grand Teton and the National Elk refuge while you are there

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow