3 walkabout shots

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jkjond
jkjond Forum Pro • Posts: 10,144
3 walkabout shots

I had an enjoyable start to Sunday. A local walk, 60 shots taken, 20 short listed and so far 3 processed. I won't be processing all 20. Not that there's much processing in the ones shown below, the light was rather pleasing as was.

This first one is a variation on what I used to refer to as my default view. I'll have photographed this backdrop 1000s of times over the years, usually from a bedroom window. This viewpoint is one I haven't noticed before, a short walk up the road from our house. I was weighing up the relationship between the spiky hedge and smooth hills when a crow flew across. Had it been a little later I'd have sorted out the dof, but happy enough with how this version turned out.

Post boxes are another repeat theme. especially when they're glowing at full temperature in direct sunlight. I like the way the designer considered the micro 4/3rds format.

The final one is another repeat theme for me. I've photographed this combination a handful of times, though I'm not sure if I've processed any of them. Thin cloud had taken the sting out of the sunlight though final version has had the shadows lifted on the bottom panel.

A final shot, having had a quick look over my shortlisted set a day later. This is a relatively new subject for me. Though I've photographed Spring Bank Farm a few times from different vantage points I've only just started to explore its relationship with the line of trees and bay beyond. I don't think the picture in my minds eye exists, but I'm enjoying looking for alternatives. 10 years ago I'd have routinely converted this one to black and white.

Techinical note, all shots hand held, Olly OM5ii, 12-150mm, manual exp and manual focus. For static subject I'm enjoying the focus peeking of manual focus. There's a nice feel to it, especially when searching for hyperfocal distances.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer https://johnleechstudio.smugmug.com
You are welcome to reprocess and repost my pics on DPR.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow