Looking to switch to Nikon from Fuji. The only thing that's holding me back...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eccirdental New Member • Posts: 4
Looking to switch to Nikon from Fuji. The only thing that's holding me back...

Hi, this is my first post here, and I need your help. I'm considering the switch to Nikon Z system from Fuji, the X-H1 in particular. There's a long list of reasons for it but mainly I want better gimbal support, better lens performance (AF + IQ) and the incredible low light performance of a full-frame system. However the only thing that's holding me back is the build quality. I don't abuse my equipments but I like things that are solid. The X-H1 is literally the best built camera I've ever owned. The thicker and anti-scratch coating from Fuji really paid off, as the camera still looks like new after more than 1 year of use.

The Nikon Z6 will be my body of choice if I decide to switch, but I've heard several bad reports about the build quality, especially the rubber. If it's only one or two cases, then fine no big deal, but I see people reporting the problem everywhere, in this forum, in google search results, in my regional Nikon Z group on Facebook. It seems like on every Z body, the rubber will go bad eventually. So i have a few question:

1. How long does it take for the rubber grip to tear or get peeled off like this? Is there any way to prevent it if I don't want to use an easycover?

2. How long does it take for the port cover to get loose like this? Any way to prevent it, as I will be using gimbal, the port cover will be most of the time open? Is there any 3rd party part available around and can it easily be replace by yourself?

3. Is there any problem that I'm not aware of? Frustrations when using? Every advice is needed and welcome.

Thank you for reading and I wish a good day to everyone ^^

Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
e61
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow