How to get Nikon Z Body on Nikon PB4 bellows without the extension ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WalterH Senior Member • Posts: 1,120
How to get Nikon Z Body on Nikon PB4 bellows without the extension ?

Yes there is the FTZ adapter to mount Nikkor F lenses to a Z6 or Z7 body. Works well and that is what everybody wants.

Fine.

Now not for everybody but perhaps it makes sense for my case (not really certain myself) to mount a Nikon Z body to a Nikon PB4 bellows (or similar bellows). Yes again, I could use the FTZ in between.

However, I would like to use the bellows not only for close range macro near 1:1 but to be a bit more flexible to focus conveniently a bit further away with say a 50mm or 100mm lens. No big problem if I shorten the distance between lens and sensor.

Since there is a bit more space between an F mount Nikkor and the Z sensor than in the case of a Nikon DSLR that would be possible if I omit the long FTZ and replace it with any adapter that is shorter than the FTZ. Yes I know I will not be able to focus to infinity but a range from 1:1 to say 50 cm to 100 cm distance would be great. So with just one movement of the bellows I could focus one small plant and go to 1:1 macro of a flower detail just to give an example.

I do not need electrical contacts and use pure manual operation of the lens. (In my current setup with PB4, FTZ, and e.g. Micro Nikkor 55mm AIS F 3.5 that is also the case).

Now all adapters I find of course got the extension to bridge the focus distance from F to Z.

If I could find a combination of two adapters like Techart Sony mirrorless lens to Nikom Z body plus an adapter like Nikon F lens to Sony mirrorless it might be possible. Unfortunately all I can find are fancy adapters fully AF and expensive.

Long story short: Any purely mechanical combo of "short" adapters Z to F at not too high cost.

Any idea?

Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow