Smeared, blurry images A7 II + Kitlens 28-70 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spacedebree
Spacedebree Regular Member • Posts: 161
Smeared, blurry images A7 II + Kitlens 28-70 ?

I rarely get any good shots from my A7 II. I have started to think that something is wrong with either lens or camera. Either the parts of the middle of the image is blurred or looked smeared (ok shutter speed etc), or the edges look horrible. Like on these images. The camera also misses focus often - even in daylight.

When is it time to return the camera and lens, or just the lens? Could it be a combo of camera and lens? =/

Coming from m43 (and earlier aps-c) I find this combo of a7 II and 28-70 to underperform totally! From what ive heard exect from bad battery life an kind of bad video with aa and moire, - it should be fine.

Mine feels like a bad example or something. Quite often sharpness are totally off.

Look at the edges of the frame. with the ship, and the wooden thing in the middle of the other photo. The AF was set to that wooden thing. Its not sharp, is it? I also needed several attempts for the AF to lock on to the lamp-post. It often missed totally.

Is there something wrong or is the camera that bad? I never had such problems with other cameras, m43, aps-c (with kitlenses). Or am I doing somehing wrong when handling the camera?

I also had AF problems with Samayng 50mm f1.4. (but with that lens the camera told me there was connection problems) The Sony 85mm f1.8 was a tad better but not good really.

Im getting a bit tired of the need to use DMF all the time, but i dont trust the AF on this camera at all!

Thank you.

Spacedebree's gear list:Spacedebree's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang AF 50mm F1.4 FE +1 more
Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow