Sony a7r series vs Nikon Z7 series - is one sharper than the other?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carlos del Junco New Member • Posts: 8
Sony a7r series vs Nikon Z7 series - is one sharper than the other?

Hi there,

I'm in the market to get a first time mirrorless and do mostly landscape photography. I'm torn between Sony and Nikon. I know the Sony a7R IV got recommended for top pick for landscape on DP Review...that said, my question is for anyone with experience comparing these two systems is: 
Every time I search out landscape images online and compare specifically between Sony a7r series (also including II and III versions) and the newer Nikon two versions of the Z7, it alway seems there is a certain crisp sharpness and detail to all the Sony photos compared to Nikon photos I've found online. Is this strictly a result of Sony processing in-camera or a difference of lens sharpness between the two platforms? Or am I only coincidentally finding photos online that all Sony users are sharpening in post processing? There is a certain  - "look" that the sony A7r series landscape photos have.
That said, I do like the form factor and positive handling reviews that the Nikon mirrorless has and have a few Nikon lens. Either way I'd most likely will invest in the dedicated lens for either platform - also appreciating the more portable form factor of not having to use the FTZ mount adaptor if were to go the Nikon route.
I tried Googling this subject but did not come up with any results. Anyone out there have any insights or in agreement with this statement?

regards, Carlos

Port Hope, ON

Nikon Z7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow