Considering replacing my Dell XPS with the 2020 Mac Mini! Help and advise please.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
richardD300 Regular Member • Posts: 292
Considering replacing my Dell XPS with the 2020 Mac Mini! Help and advise please.

I’m no computer expert, but my Dell i7 XPS is 8 years old and in need of a replacement. Considering either a new XPS, Mac mini M1 or mini Intel. I only use the XPS for photography post processing using Creative Cloud applications as well as Luminar, DxO and occasionally Affinity Photo. Also very occasional video editing from my drone. I have a dilemma possibly caused by watching too many reviews of the current Mac mini offerings!

I’ve eliminated the M1, even though Adobe have brought out a dedicated Lightroom CC version. My main concern is the mini M1 compliance in running them via compatibility in earlier OS versions. For this reason and for my needs I see, perhaps wrongly, the M1 as being high risk to my current workflow reliability. Even more so as I watched the colossal amount of time in processing multi RAW images and panoramas.

This leaves me with the latest Mac mini Intel offering v the Dell XPS desktop.
What do you think Mac Mini Intel or Dell XPS i7 please?
Thanks in advance.

richardD300's gear list:richardD300's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow