Frustrations with saving settings and Sony approach

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pizzarulez
pizzarulez Junior Member • Posts: 28
Frustrations with saving settings and Sony approach

Hi everyone,

I recently moved over to a Sony A7riv from the Olympus m4/3 system and am very very happy with the switch.

Was hoping someone could help me with the Sony approach to setting the different settings of the camera. I have gone through and modified a bunch of settings, and have registered these settings as '2' in the menu. The settings I have changed include turning off AF when the shutter is half pressed, as I like using the AF On button for that purpose. That being said, I would like another mode to have this setting turned on to make the operation of the camera simpler (i.e., so the camera can be picked up and easily used by others at family events, etc). I have changed this setting in the 'Auto' mode for example, and then switched back to '2' in hopes that my settings for '2' would stick, but this setting seems to be a universal setting or something that cannot be set for different modes? I hope this is not the case!

I will admit, I'm hugely confused by what I thought would be a pretty easy thing to do. Any help much appreciated!

Thanks all

Mark

pizzarulez's gear list:pizzarulez's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow