Hard time deciding x100v vs xt3 (perhaps and odd cross-shop)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dysharmonica Forum Member • Posts: 92
Hard time deciding x100v vs xt3 (perhaps and odd cross-shop)

Yeah, these may seem like very different cameras them having weather sealing and the same guts makes them cross-shopped for me. The X100V and the XT3+16-80 are also currently at the same price where I live.

I am medium level photographer and looking to move from M43 - looking for a compact camera to document life with. We have a kid now and I want a good camera to take with document our life, kids adventures. So compactness is a big deal, which is why the X100V is in the running.

But then I also take different types of photos. And like to change lenses and get different framing. Which is why xt3 was s in the running - I mean I started this process looking for a new system to buy into, not to buy a(n extremely good) point and shoot. I mean it does not even zoom! And then there are those few reports of focus slowness and inaccuracy on the x100v that give me pause.

But the XT3 is a bit more of a camera than I wanted, but the XT30 does not have weather sealing, and really I wish I could afford the XT4 with the ibis, but then that is even bigger.

I guess my question is. People who have both, who moved in either direction. What are the key drawbacks of each?

I am leaning X100V because documenting and having the camera on me is the most important. And with the converters I can can do wide and portraits. So I may not be able to take some telephoto compositions. But that is perhaps not the key use case at the moment. Is it a dumb move?

Sorry for a poorly organized post. My brain is all over the place.

Dysharmonica's gear list:Dysharmonica's gear list
Fujifilm X100V
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X-T3 Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow