Viltrox 23mm f1.4 freezing & autofocus problem

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thealexx09 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Viltrox 23mm f1.4 freezing & autofocus problem

I just got the Viltrox 23 f1.4 (they made a mistake and sent me the older version) and even in the latest firmware update, the camera freezes when I turn it on. The screen flashes a bit and then eventually settles. This also happens if I leave the camera on for a while.

Another couple of problems I'm experiencing is that the focus is really difficult to pull off, even at reasonable distances, especially at 1.4 or anything below 5.6.

Lastly, the lens' default aperture (even if manually set to 1.4 in the ring) looks very closed, making a lot of noise when focusing as the camera tries to match what's on the ring, is this just my copy, or is this normal as it seems like unnecessary lens movement.

I'm also having to set the exposure dial to 2/3 or even +1 to get what would be the equivalent of 0. I'm contemplating returning for the Fuji XF 23 f2, I'm not sure if the 1.4 vs 2 will make much difference for street photography.

Some of the images really wowed me but the inconsistency worries me in the long term. Any advice or similar experiences?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow