Doh! No memory card...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NCB Senior Member • Posts: 1,688
Doh! No memory card...

Went into town today for a few supplies. A fine day, so I stuck the Z6 in the car with my newly acquired 24-200 zoom, thinking of some test pics on the way. Took a few. On getting home, felt a touch of unease when I notice the card reader attached to my PC was claiming it already had a Z6 XQD card in it ...

Sure enough. No card in the Z6. I investigated. I would expect a decent error message along the lines of "you idiot, you haven't put a card in the camera". In fact all you get is a little red icon at the top of the screen which if you look closely might be a card with a red line through. I didn't even notice it.

Come on, Nikon; this isn't good enough. A good number of your regular customers are probably feeble-brained oldies like myself who expect some help. How about an upgrade in the next firmware release?

NCB's gear list:NCB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D3100 Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow