A7C, I Dreamed For Four Years About An A6xxx Form Factor FF Camera

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,063
A7C, I Dreamed For Four Years About An A6xxx Form Factor FF Camera

Five years ago I downsized from A-Mount A99 and purchased my A6500 to reduce size and save weight (recently, I finally sold all my A-Mount equipment, including several heavy ZA lenses. I plan to retain my E A6500 and lenses.

I purchased the A7C and it definitely meets my expectations (actually exceeds). Two of the features I love most are the RTT-AF and My Menu.

With RTT-AF I am always amazed when I half press the shutter button and the on screen focusing square lights green and then tracks the moving subject and goes to a smaller square around the eye (human or animal). The captured images are amazing. I have lost 80% of my right eye vision and reduced vision in my left eye. With the RTT-AF, my camera nails a sharp focus for me (even when I am half blind and the subject is moving - lots of fun).

With "My Menu", I placed "Format" at the top. After a shoot I always download my images and then Format my card in the camera. This is now so quick and simple.

A7C Features I Like:

• RTT-AF, I setup with (AF-C, Tracking Flexible Spot) to activate w/half press of shutter button (this will never stop amazing me)
  • "My Menu", In “Custom Key” I assigned to Video Button, this is time savings and convenient.  Below are functions / features I assigned to "My Menu":
    • Format
    • Face/Eye Set
    • AF Tracking Sens
    • Focus Mode
    • Focus Area
  • FF (this is what I was waiting for)
  • A6xxx Form Factor (rangefinder style profile)
  • Back of camera layout / controls similar to A6500 (made an easy transition for me)
  • Light Weight
  • 5 axis IBIS
  • NP-FZ100 battery (longer shooting life)
  • USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port (fast file transfer)
  • 5mm microphone and headphone ports
  • BSI Sensor
  • 15 stop dynamic range
  • 693 phase-detection points

A Bonus

• Kit Lens, FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 (small, light weight, Sharp, fast focus)

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +16 more
Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow