Canon EOS R issues

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Heenz1000 New Member • Posts: 1
Canon EOS R issues

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my Canon EOS R. I've tried 3 EF lenses on my camera, and only 1 seems to be working of the 3.

- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens works fine

- Sigma 24mm F/1.4 HSM Art lens brings up pink lines (which I assume is the chromatic aberration) and doesn't autofocus or allow me to take pictures

- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II brings up pink lines and doesn't autofocus or allow me to take pictures

I brought a Commlite EF to RF adapter as I've been unable to get hold of a Canon one.

In regards to the Sigma lens, I switched the Digital Lens Optimizer is switched [OFF], but “Peripheral illumination correction”, “Chromatic aberration correction” and “Distortion correction”, located within the in-camera Lens Aberration Correction function is switched [ON] and that didn't resolve my issue.

I even registered the lens aberration correction data for the lenses using EOS Utility and this didn't resolve the issue either. It did however get rid of the aberration on the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens, but instead now it brings up a black circle around the edge of the frame, but still won't autofocus or take pictures

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Can anyone please advise what could be the problem and whether there's anything I can do to fix it...

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow