The post/comment of the week

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gianstam Contributing Member • Posts: 985
The post/comment of the week

I think that it would be a good idea if members post here their "post of the week"

I quote mine.

"Many people, many photographers, buy Japanese products, but don't understand Japanese way of seen crafted objects and services. In Japan, many times you pay a premium for a service, for an ambiance, for a mood, for a small variation... Refinement is not only in the object, it's also in what surrounds that object or the service. It's not to show off, but to get a sensation derived from those things. They have always been doing special editions, small variations on existing products. In motorcycles, traditional swords, ceramics or electronics. Pentax has a long tradition of colored cameras in the digital epoch. And Haselblad (as Leica sometimes) did something very different when they rebranded lower brands. Pentax variates on their own products. The Q was an explosion in that sense ---the number of possible color combinations. That can be of no interest to some; others would like it, me included."

Pentax announces K-1 II J Limited 01 DSLR in four colors for the Japanese market: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

gianstam's gear list:gianstam's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K20D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow