Fuji GFX100s Raw file support via Camera Raw available? Error message?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Rob de Loe
Rob de Loe Contributing Member • Posts: 883
Re: Fuji GFX100s Raw file support via Camera Raw available? Error message?

SrMi wrote:

Rob de Loe wrote:

hf3 wrote:

I downloaded the Fujifilm XRawStudio which officially should work with the files. But I don't understand this software at all. You can open the files but I cannot export/convert/save the files or do any adjustments. Maybe I am doing something wrong but for me this software looks useless at this point.

Regard XRAWStudio, it's a tool to use your camera to process the RAW file in your camera on your card and produce a JPEG or TIFF. Basically it's using the engine inside the camera to do the work, which is why the camera has to be connected to your computer.

I'm not who this is a solution for. Presumably it's for people who want to use the Fuji development engine to produce JPEG output, but they want to have the flexibility to do it after the fact rather than in camera while shooting.

I like the idea of XRAWStudio, though I use it rarely.

I can record all my images as raw and apply any of the film simulations afterward if desired. XRAWStudio can generate a 10-bit TIFF file that is quite malleable in post-processing.

There you go! I'm glad it's useful.

To your point, I was playing with a new lens the other day and had left JPEG+RAW on, so I took a moment to compare the files. Wow, but the JPEG was throwing away a lot of detail and information in the shadows. The settings I had in the camera probably are contributing to that. So someone like you who wants to use the film simulations can keep the best of the in-camera processing, and turn off things that other applications can do better.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hf3
hf3
rbf
hf3
hf3
cjb
cjb
hf3
cjb
hf3
cjb
hf3
cjb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow