Z7 fps

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jambalawa Contributing Member • Posts: 884
Z7 fps

Hi folks I do a lot of wildlife photography and was wondering about upgrading my Z7 to the ii version for better AF and fps...

AF aside..  I just went to the dpreview camera comparison tool and was surprised to see that my Z7 is reported to do 9 fps and the ZZii 10fps.. only one more fps.

Now I haven't done any proper tests like photographing a stopwatch.. but it seems that I don't even get half of that in real use..  I know often this depends on things like focus mode, perhaps even electronic shutter?  I won't use eshutter as that is no good for action with big glass (had skewered subjects already!)

I mainly just just AF-C with a the central small group focus points..   have fast memory cards etc.. is there something that I am missing in getting this fps or is it just some possible fps when you're shooting in a mode that you wouldn't want to? (eg manual focus jpg or something   )

jambalawa's gear list:jambalawa's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR +5 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow