EOS RP, Super Telephoto Options

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP Gam3r01 Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: EOS RP, Super Telephoto Options

BirdShooter7 wrote:

Gam3r01 wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

Gam3r01 wrote:

Well, its been a few weeks, but my tax money came in and I bit the bullet.

Sigma 150-600mmC and EF to RF control ring adapter are ordered (preferred the regular adapter but you cant find it).

Heres hoping it was a good idea.

I think you’ll be very happy with the lens. I took the same setup out today (with the exception of the adapter, mine is the plan JJC EF to RF) and got the following results. I’m constantly impressed with the Sigma 150-600 C and the RP really seems to get the most from it.

Anhinga

Anhinga feather details

Ring-necked Duck

Great Egret

American Bittern

American Bittern

Thats really good to hear (and see).

Unfortunately canon lied about the adapter being in stock so thats backordered. I did place an order for one through best buy that says it will be here the 8th but well see how that goes. If it ships im going to call and cancel by backordered adapter.

I got tired of waiting for stores to get the Canon adapter and ordered the ~$50 JJC adapter and haven’t had any issues with it. It seems to be well made and was available immediately. Might be worth looking into.

If BB lets me down and dosent ship my adapter on time i just might, at least to test the lens before I leave the return period if anything is wrong.

I do have a rebel t6 laying around, that camera with its kit lenses was seriously bad, but it could at least test functionality.

Gam3r01's gear list:Gam3r01's gear list
Canon EOS RP Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow