Panasonic: Do you know that they only started to make camera in 2000?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DMKAlex
DMKAlex Veteran Member • Posts: 5,422
Panasonic: Do you know that they only started to make camera in 2000?

As I am dealing heavier into my Panasonic GH5, it just dawned on me that this is a company that didn't have any camera experience before 2000.

I started to be exposed to Panasonic whose predecessor National when I was a kid and my mother bought a rice cooker. In those days (late 50's) National was the brand to have. As time went by, we bought electric fans, microwave oven, stereo, DVD player and TV by that brand (now Panasonic).

In year 2000, most of us were shooting Nikon D1x or Canon 3D Mark II, Panasonic didn't have any camera in their product line yet. In the past 20+ years, Panasonic is solidly in the camera scene, particularly in the area of video.

That's just an amazing accomplishment and story.

I can only think of one larger phenomenon that is more astounding than that. The founder of the world's largest solar panel manufacturer in China was founded by a someone whose prior background was a vegetable distributor.

DMKAlex's gear list:DMKAlex's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | S Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Nikon D1X Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow