Rebel T6i equipment question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Murrango Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: Rebel T6i equipment question

Curiouser1 wrote:

Hello!

I just got a bunch of used lenses and I'm not sure if one of them is compatible with the Rebel T6i. The Kiron 105mm is the lens in question. Would anyone be able to help me understand if and then how it can be used with my camera? I would also be perfectly happy with videos or guides. I just have no idea where to start.

It depends what mount the lens was made for. It should be printed somewhere on the lens, usually near the bottom. What does it say? If it was made for anything other than Canon EF or EF-S, it might still be usable on your camera if you can find an appropriate adapter.

Second piece is about battery grips. I now have two BG-E3 grips and they don't seem to fit the T6i, but I again I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

The BG-E3 grips will only fit the Rebel XT and XTi cameras. The grip that fits the T6i is the BG-E18.

Murrango's gear list:Murrango's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS M Canon EOS M5 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow