R5 and 70 200 2.8 IS Mk1 plus 2x extender

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tonyoco Regular Member • Posts: 119
R5 and 70 200 2.8 IS Mk1 plus 2x extender

Took the R5 out yesterday with my 20 200 f2.8 Mk1attached together with a 2x extender. 
it was a bit of an eye opener, using the lens on easy to focus subjects was ok but BIF was impossible. The lens could not keep up with the camera. 
I was using eye auto focus and if a dog passed so I could test the focus it was achieved easily, for birds though that was a totally different story. 
The image quality I achieved was ok but not fantastic, I will try again on easy focus subjects as I was using 1600 ISO to keep the shutter speed up for BIF.

I got my RF 100 500 delivered today so will be playing with that when I get a chance. It will be interesting to compare the difference in quality of the shots and autofocus capabilities .

Needless  to say I am looking for a replacement for the 70 200 not sure which way to go EF or RF as I still have my 5D Mk3 which  contrary to reports still takes good photos and I intend still using it.

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow