ISO Bracketing in Z system

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
PLShutterbug Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Re: ISO Bracketing in Z system

PankajDubey wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a possibility of just varying the ISO to Auto-bracket shots.

I can manage this in Sony A6400 with Manual mode+ Auto ISO- where just the ISO changes to bracket the exposure.

In Z5 in Manual mode the Auto ISO stays put and either S or A changes or nothing happens - even if the Auto ISO limit is not reached.

Thanks

Reading through this thread I wonder if you really mean “bracketing” or if what you want is auto-adjustment.

Bracketing means to take multiple images of the same scene while varying a single setting to ensure you get one image with the “best” exposure. In post, you choose which is the best and discard the rest. Or maybe you stack to increase the dynamic range of the finished image. You can also do focus bracketing by keeping all exposure parameters the same but changing focus through a series of images.

Reading here, it sounds like you really don’t want bracketing as I define above but automatic adjustment: the camera automatically adjusts aperture, or shutter speed, or ISO of a single shot to provide one image that is best exposed.

Nikon can do either, with ISO, aperture or shutter speed as the variable.

Are you looking for auto-bracketing, or auto-adjustment?

PLShutterbug's gear list:PLShutterbug's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon D7100 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow