Epson Surecolor P600 Clog: Entire cartridge clogged, Cleaning does not work

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Machev New Member • Posts: 2
Epson Surecolor P600 Clog: Entire cartridge clogged, Cleaning does not work

Hi-

I have a relatively recent (<1 year old) Epson Surecolor P600 with what appears to be a clog. I've looked over the discussions on here, but my situation seems to be a bit different compared to others.

The printer has been used fairly regularly, at least three times a week, so this is not the ink drying after a period of prolonged use. It also is not a few nozzles on the head, but rather an entire channel (LC, if it matters). In addition, this came on very suddenly; I was printing something, and halfway through, the color just disappeared.

I was using re-fillabel cartridges, and the cartridge, while low in ink, was not close to being empty. This had happened once before with Y, and it resolved itself by putting in an Epson cartridge and waiting overnight. I've also tried cleaning cycles, but no luck.

My next step was to try some of the more aggressive unblocking strategies with cleaning fluid. This was different enough from what most people have described that I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow